|Fellowship||St. Luke’s – Roosevelt Hospital
Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery
|New York City, NY
|Texas Scottish Rite Children’s Hospital
Pediatric Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery
Hand & Wrist Surgery
University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine
San Francisco, CA
|Education||University of Irvine, Paul Merage School of Business
Master of Business Administration
|University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine
San Francisco, CA
University of California, Irvine
Silver Creek High School
San Jose, CA
11/2008 – present
ASSISTANT CLINICAL PROFESSOR
University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
06/2002 – 06/2003
University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, 2010
- Certified Forensic Physician, American College of Forensic Examiners, 2010
- Certificate of Added Qualification, Surgery of the Hand, 2008
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2007
- Certificate, Basic Life Support, 2003
- Medical License, California State Medical Board, 1998
- Federal License, Drug Enforcement Administration, 1998
- Certificate, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, 1997
- Certificate, Advanced Trauma Life Support, 1997
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, Burbank, CA
- Glendale Adventist Medical Center, Glendale, CA
- Huntington Memorial Hospital, Pasadena, CA
- Los Angeles County + University of Southern California Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Alameda Surgery Center, Burbank, CA
- Glendale Endoscopy and Surgery Center, Glendale, CA
- Glendale Outpatient Surgery Center, Glendale, CA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), Fellow
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH), Committee Member
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- Manus Club, Industry Liaison
- Western Orthopaedic Association
- California Orthopaedic Association
- American Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- Los Angeles County Medical Association
- Los Angeles County Disaster Healthcare Volunteers Program
- Health Volunteers Overseas
- American College of Forensic Examiners International
- Wilderness Medicine Society
- Hand Online Resorce Network Commitee, Co-Chair, ASSH, 2012
- Public Awareness Committee, ASSH, 2011
- Information Technology Advisory Group, Committee member, ASSH, 2011
- Physician Reimbursement and Coding Committee, ASSH, 2010 – present
- Commercial Support Committee, ASSH, 2010 – present
- Social Media Taskforce, ASSH, 2009 – present
- Deans Fellowship Award, UCI Paul Merage School of Business, 2011
- Young Leaders Program, American Society for Surgery of the Hand, 2009
- S.O.F.C.O.T. International Traveling Fellowship, 2003
- Excellence in Teaching and Leadership, Marmor Arthritis Foundation, 2003
- Orthopaedics Overseas-OREF Traveling Fellowship, 2001
- Dean’s Summer Research Fellowship Award, University of California, San Francisco, 1994
- Howard Hughes Undergraduate Research Fellowship Award, University of California, Irvine, 1991 – 1993
- Volunteer Surgeon, Hôpital Sacré Coeur, Milot, Haiti, 2011
- Health Screening Coordinator, Burbank High School, Burbank, CA, 2005 – present
- Volunteer Surgeon, Bedford Orthopedic Hospital, Umtata, South Africa, 2002
- Health Screening Coordinator, Silver Creek High-School Athletics, San Jose, CA, 1998 – present
- Recreation Center for the Handicapped volunteer, San Francisco, CA, 1996 – 2000
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Orange County, Tustin, CA, 1990 – 1993
|2012||AAOS||Annual Meeting – San Francisco, CA|
|2011||ASSH||Self-Assessment Exam – Rosemont, IL|
|2011||ASSH||Advanced Techniques in Reconstructive Elbow Surgery – Rosemont, IL|
|2010||ASSH||65th ASSH Annual Meeting – Boston, MA|
|2010||ASSH||Self-Assessment Exam – Rosemont, IL|
|2010||AAOS||Annual Meeting – New Orleans, LA|
|2009||ASSH||Annual Meeting – San Francisco, CA|
|2009||ASSH||Self-Assessment Examination – Rosemont, IL|
|2009||AAHS||Annual Meeting – Maui, HI|
|2009||AAOS||Annual Meeting – Las Vegas, NV|
|2008||ASSH||Annual Meeting – Chicago, IL|
|2008||ASSH||Wrist & Elbow Arthroscopy: Techniques & Innovations – Rosemont, IL|
|2008||ASSH||Self-Assessment Examination – Rosemont, IL|
|2008||ASSH||Annual Meeting – San Francisco, CA|
|2008||AAOS||Annual Meeting – San Francisco, CA|
|2007||ASSH||Self-Assessment Exam – Rosemont, IL|
|2006||AAOS||Elbow Reconstruction Course – Rosemont, IL|
|2006||ASSH||Self-Assessment Exam – Rosemont, IL|
|2005||ASSH||Annual Meeting – San Antonio, TX|
|2005||ASSH||Hand, Elbow & Shoulder Update Course – San Francisco, CA|
|2005||ASSH||Self-Assessment Exam – Rosemont, IL|
|2004||ASSH||Shoulder and Elbow Course– New York, NY|
|2004||ASSH||Arthritis & Tendonitis Of Hand & Upper Extremity – New York, NY|
|2004||ASSH||Self-Assessment Exam – Rosemont, IL|
Publications & Presentations
Raven RB. Leveraging Social Networking in Orthopaedics. 79th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons; February 2012, San Francisco, CA.
Wright RC, Yacoubian SV, Salzman GA, Raven RB III, Falkinstein Y, Yacoubian SV. The Extended-Short Nail System, a Novel Concept in the Management of Proximal Femur Fractures. Am J Orthop. 2011;40(12):630-635.
Wright RC, Crouch A, Yacoubian SV, Raven RB 3rd, Falkinstein Y, Yacoubian SV. Nontraumatic, Spontaneous Dislocation of Polyethylene Tibial Insert 1 Year After TKA. Orthopedics. 2011 Dec 6;34(12):e933-935.
Wright RC, Gillis CT, Yacoubian SV, Raven RB 3rd, Falkinstein Y, Yacoubian SV. Extensor Mechanism Repair Failure With Use of Bidirectional Barbed Suture in Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2011 Oct 4. [Epub ahead of print]
Grimsrud C, Raven R, Fothergill AW, Kim HT. The in vitro elution characteristics of antifungal-loaded PMMA bone cement and calcium sulfate bone substitute. Orthopedics. 2011 Aug 8;34(8):e378-81.
Raven RB. Social Media and your Practice: How to Connect with and Inform your Patients and the Public. 66th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand; 2011.
Raven RB 3rd. Botulinum Toxin: Treatment Option for Digital Ischemia in Raynaud’s Phenomena. 26th Annual Bradford Eaton Memorial Lecture. Littler-Eaton Hand Society – St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital, Columbia University School of Medicine. 2011
Wright RC, Yacoubian SV, Raven RB 3rd, Falkinstein Y, Yacoubian SV. Treatment of Proximal Femur Fractures using an Extended-Short Nail. Poster session presented at: 78th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons; 2011 Feb 15-19, San Diego, CA.
Raven RB, Kushner H, Nguyen D. Analysis of Efficacy and Safety of Treatment with Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum Among Subgroups of Patients with Dupuytren’s Contracture. Paper session presented at: 65th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand; 2010 Oct 7-9, Boston, MA.
Raven RB. Hand Fracture Fixation Using a Novel Plating System. Presented at 65th Annual Meeting of The American Society for Surgery of the Hand; 2010 Oct 7-9, Boston, MA.
Zlotolow DA, Raven RB 3rd. Treatment Options After Failed Distal Radial Fracture Treatment (Salvage Procedures).Operative Techniques in Orthopaedics. 2009 Apr;19(2):119-129.
Grimsrud C, Raven R, Fothergill AW, Kim H. The In Vitro Elution Characteristics of Antifungal-loaded Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) and Calcium Sulfate Bone Cements. Poster session presented at: 21st Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association; 2005 Oct 20-22, Ottawa, Ontario.
Greene D, Maas CS, Carvalho G, Raven R. Epidemiology of facial injury in female blunt assault trauma cases. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 1999 Oct-Dec;1(4):288-291.
Greene D, Raven R, Carvalho G, Maas CS. Epidemiology of facial injury in blunt assault. Determinants of incidence and outcome in 802 patients. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1997 Sep;123(9):923-928.
Azakie A, McElhinney DB, Thompson RW, Raven RB, Messina LM, Stoney RJ. Surgical management of subclavian-vein effort thrombosis as a result of thoracic outlet compression. J Vasc Surg. 1998 Nov;28(5):777-786
Macdonald MR, Spiegel JH, Raven RB, Kabaker SS, Maas CS. An anatomical approach to glabellar rhytids. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1998 Dec;124(12):1315-1320.
Hwang PH, Tami TA, Lee KC, Raven RB. Attitudes, knowledge, and practices of otolaryngologists treating patients infected with HIV. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1995 Dec;113(6):733-739.
« Back to profile page